Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2010

When life hands you lemons…………

Not that I’ve had a lemon of a week, more of that later. I didn’t mention that in the end on that mega hit day I received 622 hits in total. Woo hoo my head is spinning. I’ve had nothing like that since but the daily total is up. I know it shouldn’t matter but to me it is precious and special and wonderful. More than that I have had so many lovely comments and messages and such positive feedback. Its better than medicine to me I feel so good on it my dear sweet bloggy chums. I love to meet new people when they arrive and it gets me seeing new blogs too with fabulous things to teach me. I am still new at this and making friends has been the best bit. After all that and the damp squib that was the fair I ventured into Folksy land. Yep the usual Lou “ Huh it’ll probably come to nothing” ( say that in your head with Eyore voice) Well how wrong was I? Last night not one but two sales and one of them was for multiple items!!!!! So this morning guess what I have done? Packed and shipped my things to the punters.

IMG_1563A lucky lady, I know. I've felt a bit like I was in the wilderness recently, not really belonging and with not much direction. This and you have started a change of all that so thank you sincerely from me.

Lemons!

Fresh with the success of the elderflower cordial( still haven’t wiped it off my sandals) I fancied a go at making lemonade and it has been so hot. So I nicked Mr H’s G and T lemons and went to town.

IMG_1553 3 unwaxed lemons

IMG_1554

Roughly chopped

 IMG_1555

Whizz with half litre of water ( just under a pint) and 140g sugar. It said to use caster but I only had granulated and it was fine.

Then you strain it and add another half litre of water et voila!!

IMG_1557

It was yummy and so easy I will definitely do it again.

You will be pleased to know that I replaced Mr H’s lemons. Gin and tonic at home time restored.

IMG_1558IMG_1562 

Help yourself to a sneaky peak of the next project on the hook. A granny jacket made from Dale Svale yarn, 50% cotton ,40% acrylic and 10% silk i got it here. A lovely drapey soft yarn. I’m not really a clothing maker (never really goes well) but I thought I’d give it a go. The general Idea is to make 2 granny hexes and sew them together to make a boxy jacket. I have seen baby jackets done this way and saw the idea for an adult version here. I will post more as I get into it. Off into the garden now to do a little in fact.

Bye!!

Lou

xx

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo indeed!! Well done on your Folksy sales. Your homemade lemonade looks delicious, might try to make some myself, but first I need to find a recipe that doesn't require a blender. The granny jacket looks great, will be watching with interest as I've also considered making one of these.
    Hope you have a good week.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise
    Congratulations on your sales !!how exicting.
    Thanks for the link to the cardigan pattern.When I find the right yarn at the right price I may well give this a go. Yours is looking great :0)
    Your bloggy friend-Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to you! Isn't it nice when things are going well!
    Lemonade looks so cool and refreshing just what we need in this heat!
    Love to you Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh well done on the sales - that's brill!! I'm looking forward to seeing your jacket! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the sales, very well done! The cordial looks delicious :-) Love the new project, I checked out the pattern, but couldn't for the life of me figure it out! Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you did it. I had to ask Garden Bell, for some reason I couldn't save mine due to windows 7. Your picture is fantastic! What fun! I thought I'd put mine on, those sunglasses of Bethels are so funny!
    Thanks for leaving a comment! Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you did it. I had to ask Garden Bell, for some reason I couldn't save mine due to windows 7. Your picture is fantastic! What fun! I thought I'd put mine on, those sunglasses of Bethels are so funny!
    Thanks for leaving a comment! Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails